What is CDBG?
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- to moderate-income persons.
The City of Santa Ana CDBG application period for nonprofits is now closed.
Funding will be available to experienced nonprofit organizations for the provision of public service that include an emphasis on crime prevention, intervention, and/or suppression efforts for children, youth and/or families. Programs will be funded from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
For fiscal year 2017-18, an estimated $769,151 of CDBG funds will be made available to nonprofit organizations.
The City will continue its $30,000 minimum funding amount per applicant to ensure that CDBG programs make the greatest impact in our community.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 2017 BY 5 PM
APPLICANTS MUST ATTEND ONE CDBG WORKSHOP
Workshops will be held at City Hall (20 Civic Center Plaza) on the following dates:
- 2/16/17 - 2:00 pm - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
- 2/23/17 - 9:00 am - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
- 2/28/17 - 9:00 am - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
Nonprofit CDBG Criteria: Nonprofit applicants must meet the following guidelines and criteria:
- Meet the national objective of activities that provide a benefit to low- to moderate-income persons. Programs must serve at least 51% low- to moderate- income persons.
- Align with one of the following City of Santa Ana Strategic Plan Goals:
- Community Safety
- Youth, Education, Recreation, or
- Community Health, Livability, Engagement & Sustainability
- Provide a new service or a quantifiable increase in the level of an existing service
- Additional requirements are listed in the application
2017-2018 Proposed Budget
2016-2017 Program Budget