Benefits of having a Santa Ana Public Library Card
- It’s free
- You can borrow books, DVDs, CDs, and Hotspots
- Use Library computers with Internet and Microsoft Office Applications
- Access e-books, databases, and e-magazines from home, office, or school.
- Get research assistance from professional library staff
Applying for an E-Card
- This card will give you access to online material only.
- Please complete the application found at the Online Borrower Registration.
- CA residents and non-residents can apply for an E-Card.
Applying for a Library Card
- Applying for library card is done in person at the Main Library or Newhope Learning Center.
- All library cards provide access to online material.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS WITH ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION containing your photo and current residential address. These cardholders have access to all library resources. English and Spanish applications.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS WITHOUT PROOF OF CURRENT ADDRESS may apply for an Internet Use Only Card (English and Spanish applications) that will allow them to use the library computers. An acceptable form of identification is required.
- NON-CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS or APPLICANTS WITHOUT ANY ACCEPTABLE FORM OF IDENTIFICATION may apply for a 30-day courtesy Guest Use Only card (English and Spanish applications) that will allow them to use the library computers.
Babies – 8th grade child or parent/legal guardian must complete a library application (English and Spanish applications). Parent or legal guardian must be present and bring with them one of the required forms of identification.
Identification Requirements to Obtain or Renew a Library Card
All items must have been valid at least 6 months prior to the current date
- Valid California Driver’s license
- Valid California ID card
- Consulate Identification o Passport
- City of Santa Ana Employee Card
- Student ID
- Active Military ID
If the address on the ID is not current, a copy of one of these items is required:
- postmarked envelope with your name and address,
- rent receipts, escrow papers, property tax bill,
- printed checks, utility bill, lease agreement,
- credit card statement, bank statement, or
- automobile registration
- Business address, P.O. Box, or mailing center address is not acceptable proof of residency.
- Patron must be present to obtain or renew a library card (except for E-Cards)
- Parent or legal guardian’s signature is required on applications for children pre-K to 8th grade.
- Parent or legal guardian must sign in the presence of a library staff member.
- Library cards are non-transferable.
QUESTIONS? Call our Circulation Department at 714-647-5250.